LINK-BRATTON DRUG BUILDING - 101 W. OAK ST.
Built around 1901, the Link/Bratton building was once home to East Texas' leading drug store, Bratton Drugs. The drugstore featured an elaborate ice cream parlor and merchantile. Bratton Drug also manufactured Jenkin's Headache Cure, Cinchona Hair Tonic, and Borated Lily Cream. The second story housed offices for Dr. Fred Felder, architect O.L. Hazelwood, and other professional tenants. The thigh-high curbs were originally used for dismounting from buggies and horses. Today, the building is a dance studio and office space.