Thank you for wanting to being part of a community project that helps transform part of Davey Dogwood Park into a magical trail for our locals and visitors. There is not fee to participate, we simply request that you follow the guidelines below to make the trail as natural as possible.
This form is to collect contact information for people who may be interested in participating in the Fairy Garden Project.
Details you need to know:
The Fairy Garden Registration typically opens up the first week in January each year.
Fairy Garden Plots will be assigned the week of March 11th and each registrant will received their plot number/location.
Installation for the 2024 season will be open March 16-21, 2024 and need to be ready for the public on March 22, 2024 which is the opening day of the Texas Dogwood Trails Celebration.
Gardens will be judged based on
Any non-decomposable or non-biodegradable items used to build the gardens will become the property of the Palestine Visitor Center to be used for future public garden projects. All gardens will be cleaned out and disposed of the first week of May 2024.
Gardens need to be a minimum of 90% natural/ decomposable items. Items below are NOT encouraged for use in the gardens and at the discretion of the City of Palestine, these items may be removed or the garden may be disqualified from judging:
All questions can be addressed to Katie Beth at the Palestine Visitor Center at 903-723-3014.
- Yard/Garden - metal garden art and garden flags
- Garden pinwheels - these are easy to make out of paper
- Resin figurines should be limited to 10% of the overall construction but are not recommended
- Glazed china teacups/saucers/plates
- Solar lights - this event is from dawn to dusk daily, lighting should not be needed
- Please do not screw or nail anything into the trees. If you need to attach something to a tree trunk, it should be tied with string, metal wire or fishing line.
Visa/MC Gift Card awards sponsored by Penny Lynn Webb of the Palestine Herald Press. Awards will be issued in the form of a Visa/MC Gift Card upon notification of each winner.
First Place $100.00, Second Place $75.00, Third Place $50.00
Once you have submitted your contact information, you will not be contacted until week one of January 2024 with an invitation to complete the full registration.