Thank you for being part of a community project that helps transform part of Davey Dogwood Park into a magical trail for our locals and visitors. There is not fee to participate, we simply request that you follow the guidelines below to make the trail as natural as possible.
By completing the form below, you are automatically signed up to have a plot for the 2023 Fairy Garden Trail. We will reach out to you with your assigned plot March 8, 2023. Installation dates are March 10 - March 16, 2023. A free Fairy Garden Workshop will be scheduled for March 14th and we will email you with more details about the activity as the details are finalized.
Gardens will be judged based on
Use of natural product
- Gardens must be a minimum of 90% decomposable
Any non-decomposable or non-biodegradable items used to build the gardens will become the property of the Palestine Visitor Center to be used for future public garden projects. All gardens will be cleaned out and disposed of the first week of May 2023.
Gardens need to be a minimum of 50% natural/ decomposable items. Items below are NOT encouraged for use in the gardens and at the discretion of the City of Palestine, these items may be removed or the garden may be disqualified from judging:
- Yard/Garden - metal garden art and garden flags
- Garden pinwheels made of metal or flag fabric - these are easy to make out of paper which is encouraged
- Resin figurines should be limited to 20% of the overall construction but are not recommended
- Glazed china teacups/saucers/plates
- Solar lights - this event is from dawn to dusk daily, lighting should not be needed
- Please do not screw or nail anything into the trees. If you need to attach something to a tree trunk, it should be tied with string, metal wire or fishing line.
Registration deadline March 14, 2023
Project installation March 10 - March 16, 2023
Judging will be completed between March 17 through March 19, 2023 and winners will be notified via email and social media post by March 25, 2023.
If you need more than one plot, please register for each plot separately.
All questions can be addressed by emiling email@example.com or by calling 903-723-3014.
Awards sponsored by Penny Lynn Webb of the Palestine Herald Press. Awards will be issued in the form of a Visa/MC Gift Card upon notification of each winner.
First Place $100.00
Second Place $75.00
Third Place $50.00