Bralys had it's beginning in the mid 1920's when W. J. Franklin operated a sawmill business in Neches, Texas. Franklin Lumber Company was then established in 1932 at 1502 North Jackson where it remained for 81 years. In 1954 the name was changed to Bralys and it continues as a fourth-generation family business operated by Stephen Braly (the great-grandson of W.J. Franklin) and his wife, Vicki. In 2013, Vicki and Stephen bought and renovated the historical Rusk Elementary School building and relocated the business to 420 W. Palestine Ave/Hwy 79. The business has since been awarded Ace Hardware's coolest store on the planet and the "Texas Treasure" award.