Thank you for joining the 2021 Christmas Parade! This year's theme is "Christmas Movies". Examples include It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Home Alone, White Christmas, Die Hard and so on! *Please note!
While we love movies such as "The Santa Clause" there are to be no life sized Santa's on any float. Feel free to use your creativity to exclude that element. Check-in:
Check-in will be at the corner of Church and Crawford beginning at 6:00 PM, parade starts at 7:00 PM. Registration and check-in is required for all participants.
Route: The parade starts at the Anderson County Courthouse, and proceeds to Avenue A, to Main Street turning right onto Queen Street, then right on Crawford Street and left on Elm to the Anderson County Courthouse Annex for dissassembly.
To qualify for awards, participants must submit the Christmas Parade of Lights Application no later than 12pm on Friday December 3, 2021. First place for best entries will be awarded in the following two (2) categories: Band/Organization and Business and each category will also receive a $100 prize. Entries will be judged on Most Entertaining, Best Use of Theme, and Most Outrageous/Awesome. Awards for best entries will be given for parade FLOATS/Bands only. Identification: Participants are required to identify their entry by:
1. Affixing a minimum 22"x 24" sign on the left side of the entry, including the name of the organization or business.
2. Giving a detailed description of the entry on the Christmas Parade application form.
1. No Life-Like Santa Claus will be allowed on any float. The City will provide an official Santa Claus for the parade.
2. A copy of current insurance must accompany the completed application and can be uploaded in this form.
3. All entries must feature Christmas lights.
4. The theme “Christmas Movies" must be incorporated into the entry to be eligible for judging.
5. All accepted participants must sign the waiver on the application and return it with insurance.
6. For safety reasons, no walking children under the age of 12, no toy vehicles, no children under the age of 12 on bicycles.
7. Moving vehicles are not allowed to demonstrate excessive out of line movement.
8. Current Coggins papers for equine entries must be presented at parade sign-in.
9. The City of Palestine reserves the right to restrict, limit, accept, or reject any application.
10. Music, language, or actions considered obscene will not be tolerated.
How many cars/horses do you expect in your group?