Theme: Roaring 20's
The parade will start at 10 am sharp on Saturday March 21, 2020
Check – in by 9 am at the Anderson County Courthouse, corner of Church & Crawford
Judging will be done during parade from the Chamber of Commerce Building @ Main and Queen.
Entries will be judged on Theme, Continuity, and Enthusiasm.
Note that $100 cash will be awarded to first place in each category this year, and trophies will no longer be awarded.
2020 PARADE UNIT RULES, GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
1. Parade Route: Start at Courthouse Square – Go down Avenue A. Turn RIGHT onto Main Street. Follow Main Street to Tennessee Street. Take a RIGHT onto Tennessee Street. Continue to Lacy Street. Turn RIGHT onto Lacy St and continue back to the courthouse to end. For safety reasons: stopping your vehicle early to let off riders or disbanding will result in being banned from further participation.
2. All accepted participants must sign the enclosed waiver & return the application. All motorized vehicles used in Parade MUST supply a current insurance form with application. All Moving Vehicles are not allowed to
demonstrate excessive out of line movement, NO Popping Wheelies, Revving motors – NO EXCEPTIONS!
3. The Palestine Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to restrict, limit, accept or reject any application.
4. Units emitting excessive loud music or sound from their parade unit will not be permitted.
5. Entrants are required to identify their entry by:
a. Entry #must be VISIBLY affixed to the passenger side of your unit so the judges can identify you.
b. Affixing a 22” x 24” poster board on the right side (passenger side) of the entry containing the name
of the individuals, club or business. (additional signage is helpful)
c. Give a very detailed description of entry on the parade entry form.
Judges will not be asked to “guess” at entries that are not made easily identifiable by one of the above mentioned methods. Unclear markings will not be judged.
7. To be eligible for judging, entry must be postmarked by 4pm - Monday, MARCH 16th. Those not registered by this time may participate, but will not be judged or qualify for awards. *Parade Theme must be incorporated into the entry to be eligible for judging.
· $100 cash prize will be awarded for first place in each category.
· Entries will be judged on theme, continuity, originality and enthusiasm.
Winners may pick up their awards at the Chamber Office Tues-Fri 9am – 5pm at 401 W. Main St. The Palestine
9. ALL ENTRIES should be decorated or have some entertainment value.
10. ALL EQUINE ENTRIES must present current COGGINS papers at time of application. NO EXCEPTIONS!
NOTE: The Committee reserves the right to restrict, limit, accept or reject any unit application or to remove anyone from the parade that is a threat to the public, or use inappropriate language or gestures.
KEEP THIS PAGE & MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE IN YOUR UNIT IS INFORMED OF THE RULES