The altar area is surrounded by decorative windows and a religious mural. The 40 pews in the sanctuary and altar rail are original to the church. The church seats 500 comfortably and a maximum of 1,000. The Stations of the Cross were hung between 1901 and 1915. The stained glass windows are from Italy and France, many donated in honor or memory of local families. The mural "The Transfiguration of Christ" was printed in the 1920's and retouched in 1946. On April 25, 1926 a new Pilcher pipe organ replaced the old reed organ at the cost of $5,000. This organ is still used today for special occasions. In 1935, the original wooden altar which had been in use since 1880 was replaced with a marble altar. The two wooden side altars were also replaced with ones made of marble.